Ovarian Toxicity Assessment
In a paper in "The Breast" we discuss the barriers to, and facilitators of, ovarian toxicity assessment in breast cancer clinical trials.
- Despite its importance, ovarian toxicity is rarely assessed in clinical trials
- It is important to understand the impact of new treatment options on fertility and ovarian function
- The main barrier to the assessment of ovarian toxicity was lack of prioritisation
- Other barriers are resources and uncertainty regarding how to assess ovarian toxicity
- Clinical guidelines and and stronger advocacy from key stakeholders, including regulators may facilitate more frequent inclusion in future trials
Access the Full Paper here.